Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Party Maggie

We had a birthday bash for Maggie today. It was quite the day. We stayed home from church because most of us felt pretty icky today. Neither Maggie nor Dallin napped. This is what we found when we went in to get Maggie after 2 hours...

She really can't be trusted alone!!! She was patting her bum saying "Poop. Poop!" Yes - It was thrown on the floor.

She definitely "got" the whole opening presents part this year. It was very fun to see her reactions to everything.

She LOVED this Barbie song card!!!

She REALLY wanted to get these pants on! It's going to be cool enough tomorrow! Maybe she can wear them then!
And she loved this this little dog!
This has to be the most pitiful looking cake I have ever made! I ran out of canned frosting so my neighbor hurry made some for me. It was the nicest thing ever! But the cake looks funny. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that it was all broken and I was trying to "glue" it back together with the frosting!!!
Dallin helped blow out the candles.
And Maggie thought it was great when they were blown out!
Happy birthday my sweet girl!!!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh my! After reading about the marker and the poop, I'm realizing that I have amazingly tame children! I don't know how I got so lucky. Of course, I don't have quite the interesting blog material that you do. That Maggie is one crazy girl, huh?!

Beefche said...

Can I just say...I love Maggie! I can't tell you how many times I have shared your blog about Maggie's latest adventure with people at work.

What I'm wondering is does she take after you or Scott? Which one of you was the Damien-child who deserves Maggie's enterprising activities?

--Christine

Anonymous said...

Well, it must be Scott, because Monica Jo was a 'model' child. I love Maggie to death and laugh at her antics, tho I sympathize with the parents who have to deal with them! I think it's time to potty train that sweet little girl. Both Mommy and child will be happier! Isn't she sooooo cute????? Love you! Mom

Tam said...

I have similar pics of James - they will LOVE them one day!!

Happy birthday Maggie - can you believe they are already 2

Lisa Burbidge said...

I think a someone needs to look in on that girl a little more often!!! I think I would go crazy with that tactics but then I would have two of them doing it so it would seem even worst. Good thing that they never learned any of that before they were in big beds and guess what Natalee is potty trained!!!!!!

manderskids said...

I love that you labeled your pictures! And, the poop could have been worse... one day I found Caleb in his crib with poop smeared everywhere--wall, sheets, rungs, hair, face, etc.