Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall and Friends

This is going to be a post about multiple things. I can't believe that fall is here. Of course today doesn't FEEL like fall. It's 85 degrees out here. BUT... lots of fall things are going on.

Dallin started pre-school again. This is his last year before I have to let him go to kindergarten. I don't know if I am ready for that. But he has been playing with his little friends a lot more. Beautiful fall-ish days tend to lead to that. They trade houses a couple of times a day. This week one day they were in our back yard...


Here is Maggie and her friend Gracie.
Maggie has been a loner today as Dallin is over at a friends. I really ought to be using this time to clean my nasty floor after all this canning... But NO... I am editing pictures and blogging!!!

She must have gotten a sour bite.
We have an apple tree in our back yard that didn't produce very much last year, but this year is producing a TON! We picked 4 buckets yesterday and there is at least 2 probably 3 more buckets on the tree left. The kids keep wanting apples. They are kind of sour. So there are a few bites taken out and then they are left to rot in my yard... This is a typical sight..
I was picking apples and found this baby lady bug! It was so cute!
Here are the kids in the back helping me pick apples...

Here is some of what I have canned this year. It's not all as I have shared or given away some of it...

Apple Pie Filling, apple slices and apple butter:

Pears

Salsa - This does not include the 1st or 2nd batch. This is just the 3rd.
It's nothing compared to what my sister in law has done. But I am also a one woman show! And I don't have 7 apple trees.

I am a little sad to see summer leave us. But I do LOVE fall. And not just because it's my BIRTHDAY!!!! (hint hint) I just love the changing colors, the cool nights and the cooler days.

Another couple of funnies that my kids say... They are really polite kids most of the time!

Dallin: Mom, May I have these lookers to find veHICles that I can blow up? (Lookers are binoculars)

I love the May I to go along with the blow up at the end... and the annunciation of the word ve-HIC-les.....
***************
Maggie: Sowwy Sowwy Sowwy Sowwy....

Anytime someone says Ow or gets sad she says it. It's so cute!

And last but not least... Do you have a preference on your bacon? I have a preference of crispy bacon. I don't like the fatty stuff on it. So on the rare occasion that I actually cook bacon... I usually make it crisp. The other night we had pancakes and bacon for dinner. Dallin was eating it and said, "Why is it so crispy?" I said, "Because I like it crispy." He said, "I like it soft. Like Connie makes it." SO - I guess my son likes soft bacon... I never even thought to ask him his opinion on bacon!

3 comments:

lindygirl said...

I am VERY impressed with all of your canning! I want some of those pears! YUM! I like your pictures of your kids.
How come your hands look so good after all that canning? Mine look like I have been digging in the dirt for a few days!!!

Anonymous said...

Soooooo ambitious! I remember a time when I used to raise a garden and can the stuff. It was great, but ahhhhhh, not so much now. Great pictures, great kids, great Mom! Love you! Mom

Robyn said...

I LOVE the fuzzy picture of Maggie in the red outfit. It looks professional and so beautiful. You are so good at taking pictures. You could make postcards.