Monday, March 9, 2009

Time Out For Women

I really had the greatest weekend! I flew to Denver to help out with the Time Out For Women event. If you don't know what Time Out For Women is - it's a weekend that you go and listen to uplifting speakers and uplifting music and eat lots of chocolate!

My friend Christa and I got there and with the help of a few other unloaded 3 pallets of books, cds, dvds, songbooks, cash registers, etc. Christa is in charge of the bookstore portion of the event. Then there was training on the registers. Then the doors opened and lots and lots of women came pouring into the room.

One of those women was my college roommate, Carolyn. She lives outside of Denver and came and we got to talk and hang out Friday night and Saturday. It was wonderful to see her! It is amazing how time works. On the one hand it seems to take forever. Then when we were together talking, it was as if no time had passed and we were just sitting at college talking like we did so many times!


One of the presenters was Kenneth Cope. For those who aren't familiar with LDS performers - he sings inspirational music. He sat right behind me on the plane ride home. Of course I didn't have my camera for this event - but this is a picture of us from my phone. I look really tired because - well - I was really tired. I worked my butt off this weekend!



And then this is me with Mary Ellen Edmunds - She is an AMAZING woman, writer and speaker! She was the Relief Society President of the MTC while I was there preparing for my mission to Korea. She was also on the plane ride home with us.


Then - yesterday we went to Steph's house to make chinese food! It was seriously the best batch of kung pao chicken and joudza we have ever made! YUM!!

This was a very spiritually refreshing weekend! If I can just keep the momentum going until General Conference I should be good!

4 comments:

LBBlum said...

what a great event!
If they don't have the series on tape- it would be a fun bedtime series... read-aloud... I love love love em..!

makes me a little homesick- but if my boys can't physically romp around the monuments.. this is the next best thing.

lindygirl said...

So THAT's why you went to Denver!!! I am jealous! I hope your lamp was filled.

Tam said...

How funny - I was going to go to that event. Wouldn't that have been a hoot and a half.

I am so glad you were able to go and have a good time. I wanted to go sooo badly but couldn't find anyone to go with me so I pooped out. You made it look so good next year for sure.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic weekend! I hope you can stay on 'Cloud 9' for a while....something you will always remember! Love you. Mom