Monday, March 2, 2009

ValueTales Swiped....

Hmmm... This is an interesting tale...

Have you heard of ValueTales? We had them growing up and I loved them. My favorite one was on Louis Pasteur and Believing in yourself.

There are lots and lots of them.
I still think about them from time to time. I called my mother a few weeks ago asking if she still had them or if they were given to my brother. She ended up having them and told me that she sent them to me in 2 boxes. One of the boxes was her laptop computer box. It was sturdy, had a handle and was perfect to hold about 16 of the books. She sent it book rate (which means that you can't have anything in the box other than books) so it might take a long while to get them.

Surprise surprise! The box came today! I thought it seemed a little light. The postman brought it to our door since it was too big for our mailbox.

I open the Gateway computer box and...


Out pops a pair of jammies (3T) for Maggie, I assume and this raggy old jacket that I assumed was for Dallin. Weird.

So I call my mom to say thank you for the jammies and the raggy old jacket...
Oh - so sad. Someone thought they were getting a computer. Someone actually opened the box, pulled out the books on VALUES, replaced the books with jammies and a raggy old jacket, sealed the box back up and sent it on to me.

My mom was sick and my heart was sad that the world has come to this. But then she said, "I hope they read the books! Maybe they will get something out of them..."

Well - thanks, Mom, for the jammies you didn't buy Maggie...

She loves them and HAD to wear them today!

And isn't it ironic??? Don't ya think? A little tooooooo ironic.... And yeah I really do think.... :)

I like this song today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just about made me cry! But Sarah said, 'At least it was just books and not something of real sentimental value.' I guess that's what I need to think about it all.....It could have been something like family pictures that are not replaceable or family scrapbooks, etc. If I really want the Value Tales, I guess I could get them. I'm just sorry that Maggie and Dallin won't have them to read! I hope the other box gets through unscathed.....Love to you all! Mom

bookenz said...

We actually have some of those books in our library. You don't think that kind of stuff happens anymore, especially in the USofA. Your mom is right, it could of been worse.

The Hoogland Family said...

That is SOOO weird! When did this person have access to your package? Was it someone at the post office or whatever place shipped it? I bet you could find these books on Ebay...you can find ANYTHING on Ebay!