Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's a twinkie??

Am I a bad mother if my 2 1/2 year old has never had a Twinkie? How about my 5 year old?

Well, Lasca came home with a package of Twinkies for Maggie and Bailey to share. Maggie was funny as she has never eaten one - she just didn't know what to expect...

But then she decided that it was good stuff!! Lasca cannot believe I had never fed my kids a Twinkie before... She thinks the answer to the first question I asked is yes. And the answer to the 2nd one is, That's even worse.

We decided to feed the blue birds that are in our backyard peanuts. It's fun because they take them and then bury them in the yard or my garden.

I told them they needed to be quiet or the birds wouldn't come...



After a while when they didn't come, Maggie and Bailey decided to play with the peanuts.


Maggie decided to try and let the birds know that the peanuts were here. She held them up to the sky and said, "Biiiirrdd, come eat! Come eat!"


Then they lost interest in the peanuts altogether.


We have been totally enjoying this beautiful weather!! But we are expecting snow in the beginning of next week. So we will only have it here for the next 2 days - UGH!

2 comments:

bechtold clan said...

No I dont think its a bad thing...I dont think Elijiah has ever had one either! Do you know whats crazy? I went to pick Tristan up from daycare and they were feeding him Lucky Charms! I dont think Elijiah had an once of suger before he was two( that I gave him) and I freaked out! what 11mo old baby needs sugar!! GRR. So I take it Maggie liked it huh?? LOL

Mandy H said...

Cute pics, love the last one on the car. Twinkie, what??? I can't remember the last time I had one, I am just fine with the kids not having one in the next few years. :) But cute documenting of their experience with it.