Monday, November 3, 2008

Chinese Food

My cute BFF (Steph) and I have been best friends since the 8th grade. We were living in Maryland. Next year is our 20 year high school reunion and now we are living within 10 minutes of each other in Utah.

Well - we get together not nearly often enough to make our beloved chinese food! Goudza and kung pao chicken! Last night we got together and made them. The last time we did I took my camera and took pictures. Until we got about half way through. We just get SO excited about it we forget to take pictures for the blog!
Last night we got about half way through AGAIN and stopped.. But I am going to blog about it anyway!
These are 2 of her cute girls that help make the dumplings.

This is another daughter making the cream cheese ones.. YUM!!!! We tried something new this time. Normally we fry them in a pan. It's really messy and takes a long time. But this time we threw them in a Fry Daddy!!!! Much faster and tastier!
After we devour a bunch of those then we start making the Kung Pao Chicken.... This is where the picture taking stops. I will try to remember next time. So these are the after shots... :) It really is awesome to cook - the smells are amazing. Tons of garlic and peppers getting sauteed in sesame oil, then the chicken and all the veggies... MMMMMMMM......

This is it after its been cooked and dished out. We are missing the snow peas...

This is the plate as we are eating.... This is the plate when we are done! (doesn't she have pretty plates?)

This is what Dallin eats... This is what Maggie eats...
YUM! We leave Steph's house with full fat bellies and hurrying to make it home to start taping The Amazing Race!!!!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun night that was! My mouth is watering as I am looking at all the pictures. Lets not wait too long to do that again.

Lasca said...

What the heck is that? Not my kind of food!!! Not to be rude or anything but YUCK!!!!!!!

Beefche said...

Oh my word. I love your gyoza and kung pao chicken. I actually was thinking of it the other day when I thought I'd have a Kung night...Kung Pao chicken to eat and Kung Fu Panda to watch.

CrackTheAnomaly said...

How fun is that for you two to live so close! Also I love all your blog templates- so cute! Also Monica seriously what are you doing to loose weight?( you look incredible) Share! I need the inspiration...the few pounds of baby weight has returned and I cant get rid of it!( perhaps my candy consumption daily is a problem?! lol)

CrackTheAnomaly said...

oh and by the way it wasnt jonathan leaving a comment, hes was just logged in to gmail...its really me- AMBER! In case you were wondering haha!

Lisa Burbidge said...

Monica, I want an invitation next time that looks too good!! Looks like things are going wonderful up there, hopefully someday we can get together and play!!