Sunday, November 23, 2008

Looking back in time...

My dad has been looking through pictures apparently. I have been receiving emails with really old pictures of me and my brother.

This paired with us getting our family pictures done on Friday have got me thinking about time and how we change.


Like this cowboy get-up? I guess my kid is more like me than I thought...


Yes - my dad used to have a kidnapper van. It had an 8 track in it. I loved it!


This was at King's Dominion. I haven't been there in SO long!!!


So my 20 year high school reunion is next year. This also has me thinking about the past and how fast time goes by. I caved into the pressure of opening a Facebook account. I don't really care for it - but it has got me recognizing names I haven't thought of in YEARS and finding out what people are doing that I have thought about several times these past years but didn't think they would care to remember me.

I did a post on my really super ugly years which was about the past... It's quite humorous if you want to look it up. As my brother Jer says, I am very brave to put those pics online.

I did a post on my Korea years.... That went really fast...

Then 9 1/2 years ago I got married. Where has time gone since then???



We were a Double Income No Kids family for a long time. After 4 years that in one way seems like a minute and in other ways seems like eternity - we got our sweet boy Dallin...


Couldn't you just eat those cheeks???


This was one of our first family photos. We just didn't do it until we had kids for some reason...


He turned 1.


Then he turned 2... What a cutie!


Then we finally got preggers with Maggie!



This is the first of our photos with 2 kids! Maggie looks a little creepy to me!

But then she cutied up!


She turned 1.


Then last year we had GRUMPY kid-itis... That made for a grumpy mommy-itis!!! But this was the best of all the photos taken. So we went with it...


Dallin turned 4. Our friend asked if they cut off his head to not get the horns in the pic??

I thought it was funny.

Maggie turned 2.

This was her today after church. She decided after we took off her tights that she wants pants and a jacket on. But she didn't want to take off her skirt. It was just so cute I couldn't help but take a picture.


This is all brought on thanks to my dad sending old pics of me... and our family photos that we did on Friday. And thank goodness we did!!! You will see why tomorrow. I have to get a good shot of our catastrophe from Saturday.
I am so grateful for my family. All of them. Even though I had trick candles on my Wonder Woman cake from the picture above. I know my family still loves me... Even though they like to make me feel dumb.... :) jk...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! Your life all wrapped up in a blog post! I wonder if I could do that?? We are soooo blessed to have you a part of our family. Thank you so much for being such a great daughter! Love you! Mom

Lisa Burbidge said...

if your girl does not look just like you I don't know what does!!! Way fun!!

bechtold clan said...

I loved this post...

Tam said...

I love posts like these. I have been going through the pre-digital pictures and thinking about time. I think you just gave me a project for tiday.

I love that first pic of you and your brother. Is it just me or does Maggie look exactly like you in that pic? Your family is beautiful - I am so happy for you.

Rachel said...

How fun to see all those pictures. I think I didn't realize how much Maggie looks like her momma!