Thursday, November 20, 2008

Donut Shop

We went to a donut shop today for a field trip for pre-school. It was so much fun! We met there and were greeted by Baker Mackee. He was so enthusiastic with these kids!

He took us all in the back and then got everyone's names. The tour then began.

Now this is what I call a kitchen aide!

After the dough gets kneaded it goes over to the sheeter. I wonder if they make these kitchen strength! I would never have to roll out pizza dough again!!!

After the dough is run through the sheeter it must be relaxed....

Baker Mackee showed us how to make 2 kinds of donuts... Long Johns and Spudnuts... He let each of the kids make a Spudnut.

YUM!

Then they go into the proofer. This is where they raise.

He sent us out to look through the windows for the frying. There is a HUGE metal box of grease.

After they are fried they go into this huge metal box of FROSTING!!

Apparently there is a Utah-BYU football game soon because he did the sprinkles in their colors. I am pretty clueless when it comes to college football.....
***Edit: I found a more appropriate Utes/Cougars pic. Although it's totally small. I found it on ksl.com.***

Then of course there was the eating of the donuts! Some parents had real issues with whether their child had red sprinkles or blue ones.... ;-) hehe... just kidding.

Ooooo.... Waiting so patiently!!!

Dallin chose the right colors for his dad's alma mater!

This is our token girl in pre-school this year. Last year there was one and this year there is a different one! Isn't she adorable. Her mom was concerned that she would be in this big group of boys and hate it. But I think she loves it!!!

And Miss Maggie... She doesn't eat much - but does love her donuts and dirt!!!!

Thanks Tasty's for an AWESOME field trip!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was an awesome time. Maggie LOVES all things sugar.

Tam said...

How fun was that - I really think you are great to do something like this for your kids. I don't know if I would have the patience.

Are you sure you are not a fan (The UofU was slightly bigger then the BYU!?!?!?)

Beefche said...

(BIG SIGH) I'm so disappointed that you are raising your children in the incorrect traditions of their fathers. BYU is the one true school.

Do you think they would do a tour like that for a bunch of 30-something year old women? You'd have great attendance for an enrichment night like that!

lindygirl said...

They look as good as Kripy Kreme doughnuts!
Jeremy

lindygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I was going to write a really great comment but forget it...I am on my way to Tastys's...see ya!

Rachel said...

What a great field trip! That baker looks like the sweetest guy - he was so engaged with the kids. Cool. Go utes. :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs to know how good donuts are made, even 4 year olds! Looks like a bunch of fun and I bet it tasted good too! Love you all! Mom